Maven POM demistified: enhance your build
As I considered to write an article about my top 10 books, related to computer science and software engineering, I thought it will be an easy going task. In all the years over the last two decades, tons of great books fallen into my hands. This was the thing who made the job difficult. What should be the rules to put an title on the list? Only one title per author, different thematics, more than a hype and easy to understand, are the criterias for my own selection. Some of these books are really old. I suggest this is a good sign for stability. The ordering is a completely personal preference. So I hope you will enjoy my recommendations.
- Effective Java 3. nd Edition, Joshua Bloch,(2017) ISBN: 0-134-68599-7
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams, Tom DeMarco, (2013), ISBN: 0-321-93411-3
- Head First Design Pattern, Eric & Elisabeth Freeman, (2004) ISBN: 0-596-00712-4
- Behind Closed Doors, J. Rothman & E. Derby, (2005) ISBN: 0-9766940-2-6
- PHP Sicherheit 3 Auflage (German), C.Kunz · S. Esser · P. Prochaska (2010) ISBN: 978-3-89864-535-5
- Mastering Regular Expressions 3rd Edition, Jeffrey E. F. Friedl, (2006) ISBN: 0-596-52812-4
- GOD AND GOLEM, Inc. 7. th Edition, Norbert Wiener, (1966) ISBN: 0-262-73011-1
- Java Power Tools, John F.Smart, (2008) ISBN: 978-0-596-52793-8
- Advanced PHP Programming, George Schlossnagle, (2004) ISBN: 0-672-32561-6
- Ich habe das Internet gelöscht! (German, Novell), Philipp Spielbusch, (2017) ISBN: 3-499-63189-X
As you can see is on top of my list, a book about JAVA programming. Well, it was the first title who gave me a giant change in the way of coding. Of course now exist much more brilliant titles who address this topic. My way to thinking in architecture starts like for the most architects with coding skills. But to do a great job you have to increase your knowledge about project management. The best way to start to understand how projects get successful done is read: Peopleware. A big surprise to me was find out that my favorite book about web security is written in German. It addresses solutions for the PHP Programming language, but the authors did a really great job to describe very detailed background information. For this reasons is this book extremely useful for all web developers who take care about security. But its not just technology between all. With God and Golem I remind a very old and critic philosophical text, I like to recommend to read. In the case you like this kind of topics check titles of Josef Weizenbaum, Noam Chomsky or Isaac Asimov. Java Power Tools was the first publication who covers DevOps Ideas. And last but not least a short funny novel about the experience of an IT Consultant with his clients. Lightweight and nice to read for relax. And don’t forget to smile. Feel free to leave a comment.